Sunday 8 March 2009

There's a book in all of us

Isn't the internet great? Today I discovered blurb.com. This site allows you to create a book and get it printed for less than a £10 with a minimum order of one. You download and install some very simple to use software (for free). It allows you to decide on the type of book you want ranging from small square 7" by 7" soft back to large 13" by 11" size coffee table hardback. You can select a range of pre-made templates; pictures, pictures and text or mainly text. Adding content is really easy, load pictures and drag and drop them into the template, cut and paste text or type directly. There are tons of themes to make your book look good. The web site has a demo that explains how the software works, plus advice on your book.

I downloaded the software yesterday and within 15 minutes had got a reasonably good looking picture book of my great God Daughter (see Becky I do listen). It didn't seem to like low quality pictures, probably to granular when printed. I thought it would be nice to make her a book she can keep of pictures from her first year.

Perhaps, eventually I will write a book, on the vagaries of writing a blog!

On a slightly more mundane matter, I forgot to mention the reason for the arrival of all the family. My mother in law is 80 this month so we are having a posh family meal in Bath in a few weeks. My sister-in-law arrived today, from Singapore, my nephew and his dad are coming from Hongkong, so we will have a full complement. I'm getting excited. Will keep you posted on the arrangements, meanwhile if anyone has any suggestions for activities to do in Bath please point me at them?

No comments:

Post a Comment